FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pitti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Some Ideas Reply with quote

Hello Smile

I am registered user since 1 year and I like this game. Unfortunately with time it becomes boring for me. I think some more game related features would be nice to improve the game. The fishing part is great! But I wish to find some features like:

1) Shop where people can sell fishes and buy some accessories like new flies etc. E.G. Without some pattern they can't fish some rivers etc.

2) Build in competition for every river and tours (career modus). This could be also include crazy things like the smallest trout win the cup.

3) An lodge with an warm fire-place where we can relax and admire
our cups, read some fishing tips from books and look at our logbook. Do you know the old dos-game "Gone fishing". Like there I mean.

This are only some ideas. Off course, I don't know how hard the implant would be, but I'm sure the game-site would be improved and perhaps it would be more selling?

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what I mean. Embarassed

Regards Pitti
J.R.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas - I think having several modes (free fish, challenge, buy and career) would add alot to the game. Will add your ideas to the list.

-J.R.
Griz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Some Ideas Reply with quote

Pitti wrote:
Hello Smile
1) Shop where people can sell fishes and buy some accessories like new flies etc. E.G. Without some pattern they can't fish some rivers etc.

God help us no! Horrible idea. The entire concept of selling fish is just bad from a fly fisherman's standpoint. It's just waaaay to much like some kiddie game if you go that route.

"Can I buy a magic sword with my brown trout?"
ick!!!!

Just focus on the technical aspects like was mentioned (stripping, fish behavior, etc.). THAT'S what makes this game unique and special!

My 2 cents.
Pitti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griz, I understand what you mean, but how long are you using FlySim? If you look at the forum and the Trophy Page you will find that most people play it some month after purchasing it and then stops. Why? The motivation is going. You want an serious sim. Sure, the casting is very real and looks very cool, but look e.g. at mending. Try to catch some species with and without mending the line. Never mind. You'll catch the same. Sure, mending is funny but irrelevant if the fish will bite or not in flysim. No problem because for me it's a game and not a dead serious simulation. But like any other good games also flysim needs challenge for long time. The hardest part of any game/sim programmers.
And because I like flysim very much, I told some tips and ideas. Not more or less.

Regards Pitti

Sorry for my bad english Sad
Sanpei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitti wrote:
... Sorry for my bad english Sad

Where you come from?
Bill Blake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that in many parts of the world it's common to sell your catch, but in the United States it's generally illegal for sport fishermen to do so (though I'm not sure about the laws in every state). I don't think the idea had anything to do with buying magic swords. . . or flies for that matter. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: