FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casting over 60 feet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old_post

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Casting over 60 feet Reply with quote

---grimpus

Anyone have any tips on how to do this?

--- J.R.

I can get ~65-70 on most casts. I just use my finger tips to hold the mouse and leave my palm on the table. Start w/ 50-55 and then press the space bar when the rod is forward to shoot more line. Hope this helps.

--- FabioGhezzi

I still have to work a lot on casting :-/

Over 15 meters my line is not tigh enough and sometime that prevents me to hook fishes and I lost them in the 1st pair of seconds.
Thi of course is increased ny the tip being pulled on the side when there is strong wind.

--- Bill Blake

It also helps somewhat to speed up the speed on your mouse in the control panel.

--- jbenenson

I find that I get the best distance with 48 ft of line. I false cast until I get a good loop, then aim the cast a little high. I get 65-70 ft every time, sometimes longer. I hope this helps.

--- Cutch

I've been working on the fingers and palm method that JR reccommended. I've gained about 10' in my accuracy,...from about 45' to 55'. Over that, I've lost my accuracy,
....still working on it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: