FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help on landing the big ones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dap192

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Need help on landing the big ones Reply with quote

I am really desperate now for some advice on landing the "big ones". You know the ones, with their dorsal fin sticking out of the water Very Happy

I have tried everything. My biggest is 20 lbs, but I can't land anything bigger. I walk the bank to take up slack, I let them run, etc. But the hook pulls out everytime. Even when I have tension on the line, it just pops out. If it isn't that, then the tippet snaps in a millisecond when I am reeling in. I have heard there was some advice on the big ones in the forum, but I think that was the old forum which I can read.

Hey J.L., Flygal_05, Nick, et al....can you help out a fellow flyfisher just itching to get into those big browns?!? Any advice on drag settings, etc. would be appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: