FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Sim!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve R

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Great Sim! Reply with quote

Cool sim, has a lot of potential, i like the physics including the wind affecting the line and the realistic fish behavior. Too bad I break more tippets than I catch fish.

Is there any chance of weekly contests or an online server so we could hold our own contests?
Also is there anyway to change the date when the fishing is bad besides restarting the sim?

Or better yet Smile what are the future plans if any?

5 stars from me!

Steve
J.R.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

We are looking into developing online contests where every one starts with the same river (same fish/hatch ) but you dont see the other fishermen. The goal will be to catch the most and/or largest fish or use some sort of point system. Just finishing an unrelated game and hope to get started soon.

Another near term goal is to produce more destinations. We have nearly enough photos and just need to build the rivers. I also hope to write a river editor which we would release if stable enough.

Quote:
5 stars from me!

Thanks!

-J.R.
Steve R

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, searched my old posts, I only have 3, well now 4, sorry I didnít respond with a thank you 5 years ago.

I wouldnít worry about the game getting too old though, the best games out there have age on them, have you heard of Fishing Simulator 2 by Jase Spooner? Itís getting very old but has a strong fan base; it will probably never die, I am surprised this forum isnít more active. I love to fish and this and FS2 are the best fishing simulators I have came across, thereís not much competition out there.

If you only added a simple multiplayer window layer for chat you could squeeze many more years out of this game/simulator, add a line in chat when a fish is caught for some realism even better.

Keep up the good work; I am getting better at catching!

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: