FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Suggestion.... Reply with quote

This has already been suggested but I thought I'd bring it up again. We need a key for bringing in the line (stripping) when a monster trout runs straight away then turns abruptly and runs at you. There's no way you can run, swing your flyrod and reel to pick up the slack,......so the hook comes out.
In real life fishing under these circumstances, you hold the line against your flyrod with your right hand, (if you're right handed), and pull the slack with the left hand. All the access line floats in the water at your feet.
When bringing in the slack line in this manner, you keep the line tight as the fish swims towards you and the hook won't pop out.
A key next to the arrows (right control key?), would solve the problem. With the key close to the arrows, you could remove the slack and run up and down the river bank.

Most every monster trout I've hooked since the update (over 40 lbs) do this and I have not been able to land a single one. Before the update, I landed 11 Brown Trout over 40 lbs.
I know you want to make the game as realistic as possible, and in my opinion,...this stripping key would help very much.

BTW, in this last update JR, you gave these monster trout MOVES that would make even Elvis jealous.

Check out my website:
Cutch's Camp
flysim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripping will be in our next release.
I really did not change much on the fish fighting behavior - but current does effect the physics, so maybe its the river?

-J.R.
Cutch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JR, stripping would really help and make the game more realisic. Wink

Check out my website:
Cutch's Camp
Chuck Sweet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

Actually, Cutch just wants the strippers!!.........Hi All, Long time no see, I am happy to see the expansions and upgrades to the game, I have been doing the game Second Life and have become a 3D modeler and texturer there, it has taken most of my time of late, but now I can use FlySim as my relaxation time again....WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!! So I am Very Glad to see the expansion, Sorry fer bein gone so long, but...I Am BAAAAACK!!!!!
Cutch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome back Chuck, my friend. The upgrade is fun and very challenging,....you'll LOVE IT!! Wink

Check out my website:
Cutch's Camp
Bill Blake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chuck!
Chuck Sweet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Yup Reply with quote

Yup, I LOVE the new Update, Awesome guys, ya did it again (Sorry fer not gettin it sooner) the new rivers look great and the new species are a Wonderful addition. Good to be back and it is good to see some of my old friends here still, LOVE this Simulator!!! It is GREAT to be Home!!!
Sanpei

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Capture's distance ... Reply with quote

I think it'd be fine to see in the capture's picture the "strike's" distance too Very Happy

And nothing about ... REPLAY? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: