FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck on Tioga River

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kam99

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Stuck on Tioga River Reply with quote

Hi All,

Great game and I'm very impressed.

I am however stuck on the Tioga River. Three times I have caught 29lb+ plus of fish only to find the river is now empty of trout!

Is this an in game cheat or am I missing something?

kam
1up

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep trying. If you wait long enough, usually more will show up. If you are not catching enough of the ones that are in the river (your hook to land ratio is low) and you over fish it, you may run out of fish before you reach your goal. Perserverence will pay off. Just wait til you try and catch a 10+ pounder the first time. It seems impossible! Good luck!

John
Codfather

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best way to catch as many fish as possible is to catch those closest to you and those furthest downstream first, always easier on dries than nymphs.
Tight lines! Well..... maybe not with the size of the fish in the Tioga but the expression remains........never mind.......
kilgore trout

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of fish in this river. I took 58 lbs yesterday including a 7 lb+ brown.
A big stonefly hatch can be very productive. It is possible to overfish the water, though, and the fish 'go down'. If this happens just take a break. If there's no fly about and no fish rising, a stonefly nymph #1 is a good bet.
Just keep trying. You've got the Keya river next which is a real challenge, great fun and very frustrating - just like real fishing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: