FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

casting for distance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old_post

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: casting for distance Reply with quote

This is a thread from the old forum:

--- jbenenson

Hola,

While taking a break from fishing, I decided to see how far I could cast. I can get in the low-to-mid 70s fairly regularly, but have been trying to get more by \"double hauling\", i.e., shooting line on both the back and forward casts. So far, not too much luck. Has anybody else tried this?

What is the record cast? New (unofficial) contest?

--- Chuck Sweet

I am regularly able to cast to 80 ft with my best clear cast at about 89 ft. I dont use the shooting type of casting but concentrate on getting my line to float cleanly thru the air. Timing is the key as well as watching the wind and your position.

--- jbenenson

You don't shoot and get 80+ feet? That is very impressive! I'm thinking about mouse/joystick technology to maximize distance and response. I want long casts and no broken tippets 8^)

--- Bill Blake

If you adjust the speed of your mouse in the windows control panel it affects how your rod handles in the game. If I have the mouse speed high enough I can cast the full line, but I generally don't bother with it beyond how I like my mouse cursor in windows (which happens to be pretty fast because I have a large monitor).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: