FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beta comments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dap000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Beta comments Reply with quote

Hi JR -- A couple comments on the new beta update...

I agree that the Yolo and Savie look too green, as you mentioned before - same on my monitor.

I noticed on the Yolo that some bottom contours that are farther away seem to move with me when I scroll sideways, and not appear to stay with the bottom as it should.

I saw the strangest "thing" on the water today....just looked like a short stick. Not sure what bug that was supposed to be. I know the bugs can look funny at the wrong angle, but I hadn't seen this before.

Just had a hatch of ants on the Yolo in early April. Couldn't get the fish to rise to the ant, either. Maybe a glitch ?

Regarding sound...I noticed there is no splashing sound unless the fish actually jumps (not unique to the beta update). I'm wondering if you can add splashing sounds for when the fish breaks the surface but doesn't actually jump. Currently, you have a nice "sploosh" sound for a full jump, but otherwise there are no other splashing sounds. Just to add to the realism.

Love the update, thanks! I haven't caught a Kern or Tiger yet, but love the new species. Nice detail work on the little waterfall in the upper right of the Yolo background (those details don't go unnoticed)!

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: