FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trophy catches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldowl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Trophy catches Reply with quote

Flysim is, no doubt, the best engineered fly fishing simulator available. However, so far, I have not been able to catch a trophy fish. Kind of disappointing!!! My max catch is about 10 Kg. I hook them, and carefully watch the line tension, but always end up with the trout "spitting" the fly, even with combined reeling in and rod pulling actions.
I have been reading, in the Web, narrations about the catches of world record trouts in real life, and the concern of fishermen has always been to avoid excessive tension breaking the tippet, trying, in some cases, to get the trophy trouts out of their "shelters"; but trouts "spitting" the fly has never been mentioned.
I have brought this to the attention of J.R., who kindly answered me that he introduced this "difficulty level" into the simulator attending the request of fans for increased challenge, but that he would dig into the subject if a "Flysim 1.2" was ever issued.
I don't know anything about programming, but feel that a minor change, a slight time increase between "line tension zero" and "fly spitting" would improve trophy fish behavior without endangering the challenge of the catch, and avoid the frustration of perhaps a lot of devoted fans of this magnificent game.
Forum members opinions would be highly appreciated.

OLDOWL
[/b]
patrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will soon learn how to overcome this. the trick is to keep moving and try to always stay behind the fish. I used to get so anoyed about this but now it is no problem
patrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just seen the date on this post lol Embarassed
Gulfvet91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Spitting the hook Reply with quote

It's awfully hard to stay behind a fish that runs a J pattern and comes right back at you. That's when I always lose the fish, usually the really big ones. For most of the big ones I would have to sprint downstream like an Olympian to get ahead of them before they turn back on me so I can end up astern of them after the turn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: