FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flysim GlovePie Wiimote Script

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Bew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Flysim GlovePie Wiimote Script Reply with quote

I have a basic GlovePie script that works (sort of badly but playable) which is based on the script that comes with GlovePie for the accelerated mouse. I am continuing working on it to try and get it better. I am a retired commercial programmer so the graphics etc. are a bit of a learning curve for me. The latest version of GlovePie is a great tool with all the MotionPlus supported (if I can work it out!) The Documentation is also great. The hardest thing to do to get started was to get Windows (Vista 64 in my case) to connect the Wii via MS Bluetooth stack. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. BlueSoleil worked for me. The GlovePie developers are determined to use the MS Bluetooth Stack so you miss out on some of the features with BlueSoleil and they say it isn't as reliable (but at least it worked for me!) The only problem is that at some stage I will have to register (Buy?) BlueSoleil as it is only a 30 day trial. Anyway If any one wants the script I can upload it somewhere.
Bill Blake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was interested. . . until I read about the GlovePIE license agreement.

"This software is copyright.
By using this software you agree to obey the following license conditions:

* You can't make money using this software as part of a baseball simulation. This is for contractual reasons. But you can make as much money as you like using it for anything else.

* You may not use this software directly or indirectly for any military purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, training, research and development, controlling military hardware, directing military personel, or troop entertainment. You may not use this software anywhere on a military base or vessel. This applies to all versions of PIE.

* You may not export this software to Israel, or use it in Israel (including the occupied territories), until Israel has ended its occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Lebanon, Syria, and anywhere else it may occupy. If you try to run it in Israel it will give you an error.

* Missionaries may not use this software. It may not be used for any missionary purpose. Or any other genocidal purpose.

* You may not use this software to cheat at online or multiplayer games. What constitutes cheating depends on the game and the server. Just using a different input device shouldn't be considered cheating, but complex scripted actions to make things easier may be considered cheating. Don't get GlovePIE banned, or you will hurt everyone who wants to play with a VR glove. But feel free to cheat at single player!"

All I can say to that is, "wow," I've seen very few displays of ignorance that are this stunning, at least with regards to software. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Glovepie copyright Reply with quote

Well that's up to you but I suppose anyone who writes software is entitled to put whatever copyright notice they want on it. It is their property after all. It is still a very useful piece of software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: