FlySim.com Forum Index FlySim.com
FlySim and KiteSim Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fish jumping feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eldamino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: fish jumping feature Reply with quote

i recently purchased the game for my son, (about two weeks ago) he's an avid fisherman and really enjoys it. i just found this forum and saw the sticky about the f8 feature, but noted that is from over a year ago. he's unlocked all the rivers, and tried the triple f8, but no luck. is it not built into the latest version or does he need to download that version in the sticky and start over? or did we miss something as far as requirements, he's not sure what is meant by unlocking the fish jumping feature. thanks a lot for any info, is appreciated.
Bill Blake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you downloaded the latest version (1.5.1)? The jumping feature was disabled in some of the older versions to keep people from "cheating" by finding the fish. In the newest version of the game jumping is enabled but all the fish get spooked by it so you can't use it to find the big one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bill, thanks for the response - it appears the version my son has is the 1.5.1, we bought it literally 2 weeks ago. he's gotten all the rivers unlocked, and has completed every task that i'm aware of, with the possible exception of one river where i think it requires a 10 pound fish.

he's been having problems with the larger fish either throwing the hook, or more commonly breaking the line, which is why i was searching for info for him ( he's 12), and found the forum. i've tried hitting f8 three times at various rivers, times etc, have not seen anything happen, so wasn't sure if the feature was built-in to the version available for purchase, or only in that download mentioned in the sticky. or if there was still something he had not completed to make it accessible.

he's still having trouble with the big fish, i've shown him some of the posts regarding other's solutions, he's working on those, is pretty persistent so hoping he'll be able to land a whopper.
flysim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fish should jump - has he passed the goals for the Keya river?
Even though there are no more rivers to unlock - you need to complete the Keya goals to unlock the fish jumping.

-J.R.
Cutch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the same mistake and wondered why the fish jumping feature didn't work,...I hadn't passed the requirments for Keya River.
(5 different species plus a 10 pounder.)
Pass these and it unlocks Keya, then F8 works. (Sometimes you have to press F8 a couple times) Wink

Check out my website:
Cutch's Camp
goranpaa

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="flysim"]The fish should jump - has he passed the goals for the Keya river?
Even though there are no more rivers to unlock - you need to complete the Keya goals to unlock the fish jumping.

-J.R.[/quote]

Hi!

I just completed all rivers Today (31 /5 -07)

I caugth all 5 species and also got over 20 kg fish in Keya River.

But I have'nt caught the big guy yet.

Must one complete all goals in this river the same day to get the F8 trick to work?

Or does the game "remember" what, and how much fish I have caught til the next visit?

I dont know if this is a silly question? But I have to ask anyway.
Cutch

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to catch all 5 species and a 10 pounder in the SAME outing before the "Jumping fish" feature works. Wink

Check out my website:
Cutch's Camp
goranpaa

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cutch"]You have to catch all 5 species and a 10 pounder in the [b]SAME[/b] outing before the "Jumping fish" feature works. Wink[/quote]

YAY! That's tuff!

But a fly fisherman never gives up. So I have to roll up my sleeves then Very Happy

Thank's for your reply.
AnglerNorth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: It's like really being out on the river! Reply with quote

Man, I'm having a hard time! About an hour now with no fish.. Am I getting skunked or what?? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FlySim.com Forum Index -> FlySim Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: